9.24.2008

Picture this...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lastnight we had Amanda Laing take our Family Pictures. I was dreading this for weeks because I have this little girl who really does not like taking pictures and likes to make it really stressful. Oh, and a cute little boy that thinks one or two shots should do and gets really annoyed when we expect him do more. Well, I started the day with the attitude that I would pick my fights with the kids wisely so that they had a good day and were less onery for pictures! Example, Ellie wanted to wear her pajamas after her bath in the morning so I let her put them on and wear them ALL DAY! Oh, and then I let her wear her black sparkly shoes for pictures eventhough I had some cute little white ones picked out. Did I mention the MacDonald's bribe??? Yeah, I bribed them with dinner at MacDonald's if they cooperated. Ellie even let me put curlers in her hair and then curl it piece by piece and spray a ton of hair spray in her hair. Tate had to borrow some shoes from his buddy Parker because we didn't have any black shoes for him, can you believe that? Tate's biggest complaint was that the shoes weren't his, he wanted to keep them! Well, Amanda was amazing and it was actually a really fun time! The best part of it all was seeing my brother Jason and his cute family getting pictures the same time as us! How bizarre is that! Same place, same time, same day- wow! I peeked at a couple of the pictures on the camera and I can't wait to see them! I am so proud of my kiddo's and am thankful that family pictures only happen once in a blue moon for us :)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

6 comments:

Monica said...

I'm so excited to see them!! You could have taken them in the pjs and they still would be adorable.

Britney said...

Yea! I can't wait to see them either Annie. Ellie's hair is adorable! Where did you take them at?

Rachel said...

Yay! I was just thinking today that this is the perfect time for family pictures with all the fall colors!! Can't wait to see them too.. love her scrunchy smile!

Brooke Low said...

Ellie's hair looks so cute. I can't believe how much she looks like you! If you ever want to go to Disneyland with me I'm in. Oh and the Salsa, I will be collecting on that offer in December. Save some for me. I will send a recent picture to the hospital. Mcdonald's always works for me too!

Jamie said...

Super cute picture. Ellie look just like a "little Annie" So fun. Can't wait to see more of your pictures!

Unknown said...

Okay, first of all - what the hay? My feed wasn't working for your link - so I NEVER knew you were posting! Grr! Well, I'm caught up now :) K, so can't wait to see the photos - I saw some photos on her blog - and laughed 'cause it was like all of Brigham City. LOL That's awesome. And tell your bro - gig 'em Aggies! (I grew up in TX for a time) And can Jamie have date night with Brighton, too? LOL! I promise I'll keep tabs on you closely - now that I know I've been missing out! :)